Outcomes of the Meeting
Develop principles for value added project:
“Come align around defining the purpose of this project.”
Note: We are running a little behind on tome so we will have to have am phone call later where we define the outcomes…
Project Function Statement:
“To develop a community-created place-sourced photovoltaic generated utility source.”
“To develop a community-created PV-generated energy source in Happy Valley.”
- Integrate Town-Gown collaborative participation and co-collaboration.
- Discover and support the best and most effective locations for PV components.
- Develop and support community and University champions and advocates indefinitely.
- Develop nurturing (love-based not fear-based) decision making strategies.
- Who needs to be present and who do we invite? The people who can make this happen and people who can make this stop.
- State College public works (director/manager)
- College Township public works (director/manager)
- PSU VP of finance (or representative)
- Solar on State core team (us)
- PSU Sustainability Institute (David Riley and Denise W.)
- Solar Campus Initiative (Chrei Olf?)
- Community Energy Inc. representative
- First Energy (West Penn Power) representative
- Local Banks
- Local municipality representatives (elected officials)
- PSU office of investment (Dave Brannigan)
- Community barriers (Joanne Swart?, David Stone, Mike Rebacki, Katherine Watt)
- Community supporters
- Student groups
- Sustainability Advisory Council
- Sustainability Institute interns
- Community and Economic Development
- PSU attorney(s)
- PSU alumni association representatives
- Local school district
- Business community (real estate, installation firms)
The following items need to be finalized.
- What is the right number of people for the workshop? Invite 100 expecting 60 to attend
- Where should the workshop be held? Local school – Park Forest Elementary
- When should the workshop take place? Late August? – Hopefully a late August workshop will allow most interested people a chance to attend.
- Identify ALL attendees. Jeffrey will set up a Google Doc for us to populate with names, contact information, why, and entity. The list should be vetted by Jeffrey and Rob.
- We need more calls to establish our intended public workshop outcomes and the public workshop process (agenda)
- Develop invitation from the value added processes.
- Anxiety level continues to increase – the project is getting bigger and bigger.
- The procurement process at PSU is very complicated and we have a lot of unknowns.
- We are gathering of the right people to move this project forward. We obviously have the intent and guidance that moves beyond merely splattering paint and hoping for the best.
- A thought from his yoga instructor… let go of control and your body will do what it needs to do.
- If the project moves off campus, he cannot fulfill his job responsibility of reducing PSUs carbon footprint.
Revised Purpose Statement
To develop a community-created PV-generated energy source in Happy Valley,
In a way that deeply values the role of all stakeholders in a collaborative transparent co-creative process,
So that all of the stakeholders enthusiastically participate in enriching and improving the unique quality of life in this particular community indefinitely.